Riverside, California

STAY AWAY. I took my 83 year old dad, who is at a skilled nursing facility, for his (initial) 2:30 p.m. appointment with this specialist (urologist). We arrived early, but had to wait TWO HOURS. We were ushered into an exam room at 4:30, only to wait another 10 minutes. The doctor finally arrived, and he rushed in, sat down, didn't look at us in the eye or greet us, and proceeded to talk and go through paperwork that I had provided (copies of medical records) in a very rushed manner, as if he only were thinking of money, not the patient in front of him. I was appalled at his rudeness. So, I turned to him and said, "HELLO, DOCTOR THAKER". Then he gave me an irritated look and kept talking. He behaved as if he were barely tolerating his work with us. He also made no apology for making us wait two extra hours to see him. He stated that the initial PSA test given to my dad was a "waste of time", and then didn't offer any explanation. He was in a grumpy mood during the entire (short) exchange. Then he asked me what date my dad had started his medications. I told him to review the medical document copies that I had taken the time to provide, as I could not recall the date. With that, he stood up suddenly and marched out of the room. Then his office manager came in. She was gracious, but explained that somehow we were at fault for upsetting her boss. I told her we would be getting another opinion elsewhere, as his behavior was completely unprofessional. My father and I had wasted an entire afternoon for five minutes of basically no good information and haughty, abusive behavior from this doctor (driving time was extra because it was pouring rain all afternoon).

Obviously Doctor Nimish Thaker believes he can abuse his patients with impunity like a demigod, but all I see is a callous, arrogant, unhappy man who will surely be more sad once the medical board in Sacramento receives my consumer complaint form, which I have compiled and am ready to post in the mail. He also won't like his review on Ripoff Reports, ratemds.com, my3cents.com, Complaints.com, Avvo.com, ComplaintsBoard.com, ConsumerAffairs.com, Measuredup.com, PissedConsumer.com, Trustlink.org, Yelp, or his report to the Better Business Bureau. However, his behavior is an outrage, so hopefully he will learn from his mistake.

Shame on you, Dr. Thaker. Had my elderly, frail father not been in the room, holding his catheter bag in his hand, you surely would have received more than just a letter of complaint from me. You are in violation of your Hippocratic oath. I urge the public to stay away from this unprofessional urologist who is NOT a kind, compassionate, caring doctor. My ailing 83-year old dad deserves much better treatment, and so does the public at large.

Preferred solution: Public Apology from this doctor - to be posted online..

I didn't like: Waiting 2 hours after the appointment time, Rude demeanor of the doctor, Uncaring attitude of the doctor, Lack of explanation of medical procedures, Complete disregard of patient holding catheter bag.

Had an Experience with Dr Nimish Thaker Md?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion